This module builds on Front-end Web Development at Stage two and develops skills essential for producing full-stack web-applications based on widely used frameworks and platforms. Learners will develop an awareness of practical design and development considerations when producing and deploying web-based solutions.
This module will ensure learners meet the following objectives:
- Create Rich Internet Applications through building back-end server functionality to complement front-end interface to suit end-user needs.
- Setup and configure an online application server to provide database, authentication and storage services.
- Write the necessary code on the client and server to allow communication over HTTP-based channels
Develop a full online application showcasing user registration, authentication, personalisation and dynamic requests.
Rich Media Client
- Rich media client development and the Java FX library
- Basic JavaFX application structure
- JavaFX layouts, widgets and UI components
- Creating a multimedia multiscreen application
Online Server Setup and Services Configuration
- Introduction to web servers
- PHP scripting and coding conventions
- Web APIs
- Setup and configure a LAMP server
- Create a MySQL database
- Deploying Web applications
Developing a full Client Server Application
- Use HTTP protocol (POST) to create a client server connection framework
- Develop a system for user authentication
- Develop a system for updating user content
- Retrieve dynamic content from the LAMP server
- Create a multiscreen rich client application with online functionality