- Enable learners to gain the ability to compare the various types of academic essays.
- Support learners in planning and generating ideas.
- Enable learners to demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Give learners the necessary support that will allow them to produce essays with academic structure, paragraphing, register and style.
- Educate learners to identify sources of information to support arguments that reflect the ethical use and citation of secondary information.
- Show learners how to apply the Harvard Referencing System.
- Essay/ Assignment Writing
- Research and Referencing
This module will be delivered from week 5 to week 12 in the first semester through three weekly three-hour lessons. In semester two it will be once per week for 3 hours. A wide range of learning and teaching approaches will be used including lectures, discussion, in-class assignments, self-directed learning, and group work. Learners will be expected to complete final assignment individually, with one to one guidance from their lecturer on how to improve their work.