The objective of this module gives the learner the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as an effective member of a team. The module introduces learners to the impact of teamwork on both organisations and individuals. To give the learner an opportunity to partake in team activities and to review their effectiveness in these scenarios. To introduce the learner to the skills involved in effectively communicating across a range of team-working activities and to analyse the stages of team development
At the end of the module learners will be able to:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the concept, features and types of teamwork activities available as well are analysing the roles involved
- Invites the learner to monitor personal strengths and weaknesses in team work activities.
- To develop an awareness of the techniques involved in negotiation, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and decision-making.
Unit 1 Role & functions of Teams
- Understand the role of teamworking in different types of organisations
- identify the stages of team development
- identify different leadership styles
- outline the advantages and disadvantages of teamworking for the organisation and the individual
- identify situations in which teamworking is effective
- the effectiveness of teamworking as a management tool
- identify different roles played by team members
- discuss the different personality types evident within teams.
Unit 2 The Team Member
- understand the role of the individual in teamworking
- the interpersonal skills relevant to teamworking
- recognise the importance of communication in teamworking
- value other team members’ ideas and opinions
- identify their personal contribution to working in a team
- recognise personal strengths and weaknesses related to working in a team.
- identify the role and function of the team leader
Unit 3 Skills for Teamworking
- participate in setting team objectives
- monitor team progress
- participate in team evaluation including giving & receiving feedback
- participate in decision making
- demonstrate problem solving skills
- demonstrate negotiating skills
- be aware of the conflicting needs of the individual and the team
- participate in conflict resolution techniques.
- facilitate inter and intra team communications