The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks autonomously and/or in a supervisory capacity.
At the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Understanding how the principles and methodologies of ECCE are practiced in an ECCE environment
- Reflect and critically evaluate their personal and professional qualities in relation to working in ECCE
- Understand the importance of observing young children in relation to their development
- Understand the importance of good communication skills in the ECCE workplace
- Review career choices in light of workplace experiences
- Appreciate the importance of safety and welfare in the ECCE workplace