Special Needs Assisting Skills
At the end of this unit, learners will be able to assist children with special needs with a range of activities in their daily routine under direction including:
- Boarding and alighting from school buses
- Assisting with communication including assistive technology and writing
- Clothing, feeding toileting and general hygiene and out of school visits walks etc.
- Accompanying individuals or small groups and other activities as appropriate
- Support the teacher in preparing for activities, resources and tidying up the classroom work effectively