Gain the knowledge, skills, and competence to care for and address the needs of a person and their family after the diagnosis of a life-limiting illness, in a dignified, inclusive and holistic manner.
At the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Understand the philosophy and principles of palliative care
- Promote the rights of the dying person to include dignity, privacy, choice, respect, and comfort
- Develop communication skills to work effectively in the palliative care setting
- Provide a person-centered approach
- Understand the bereavement and the grieving process