This course teaches you essential Web page development skills. You will learn to develop Web sites using Hypertext Markup Language version 5 (HTML5) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). You will learn to write code manually, as well as use graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools. You will also work with images, create hyperlinks, and add tables, forms, video, and audio to your web pages.
Core Areas of Study
- Planning and Designing Websites
- Web Development Tools and Web Design Concepts
- HTML: The Language of the web
- CSS: Styling web pages
- Designing Web Pages mockups with wireframe using Photoshop
- Understanding Responsive Design
- Creating Page & Drop down menus
- Adding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to your site
- Adding features to your website – other technologies: YouTube / Google Maps etc.
- Test and Validate / Publishing your site