Introduction to Game Design
This introduction to Game Design will provide the knowledge and skills needed to start a career in the areas of Game Design and Multimedia.
At the end of this module the learner will be able to:
- Analyse a classic game to provide an understanding of the core game elements and how they work together
- Develop a simple 2D and 3D game prototype using an industry standard game engine and any required middleware
- Identify the different business models within the games industry
- Describe the roles of the various game development specialisations
- Develop graphics as animation, backgrounds & interfaces, as well as physics effects & particle systems, media technologies